Wednesday, June 20, 2007

boon's log 2507.04: Target met!

Remember sometime ago, I blogged about my BMI and that I was overweight? Well, I've met my target of losing 6kgs - well, okay... the original plan was to shed that 6kgs by beginning of June, but it seems like I am able to do it by the middle of June. Who cares! I achieved the impossible (well, at least to me!)

Here's the latest BMI readout...


Latest BMI Calculation as of 19th June 2007


BMI lookup chart.

It was tough at first, jump starting on the threadmill and also trying to reduce on carb-intake. We Asians are like Carb-magnets. We cannot live without heaps of rice everyday. Well, i tried staying away from it - well, not entirely, but just taking minimum amounts of rice. But later on, I was getting the hang of it and it was getting better - from feeling half dead by just completing 2kms to feeling good after 8-10km on the threadmill...

PLUS the fact that a bunch of us have been accountable for each other making sure that we hit the gym at least twice a week. And recently because of the Penang Bridge Run, I've been the hitting the gym daily.

... and I am happy to announce that I achieved my first 10km (6.2miles) run on Tuesday in 7mins 70mins. While yesterday, I reached 11km (6.8miles) in 80mins. It was a great achievement for me. Now, at least, I am sure that I am going to make it to one end of the Penang Bridge (the half marathon is 22.3kms). And it was good workout too. Except that I got a little dehydrated after that. Will need to make sure tat we are properly hydrated during long-runs like this.

So, it was a good day yesterday - I met my BMI goals and I hit my first 11km.

Well, the Run is this Sunday. Anyone else joining the marathon? It's too late for any last minute registrations. So, just watch me cross the finish line on telly, okay? ;)

You can find out more about the run at the link below...



boon out...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm "... and I am happy to announce that I achieved my first 10km (6.2miles) run on Tuesday in 7mins." Wow! That was too fast! :P Another 1 km take a lot longer time... hehehe. BTW, congrats on completing the run!

Sunday 24 June 2007 at 19:46:00 GMT-7  
Blogger Boon said...

mi: Ha ha! Sorry, dude. I meant 70 minutes! My bad. And thanks. Well, you're the veteran - you did it last year in under 3 hours, I was told?

Monday 25 June 2007 at 23:26:00 GMT-7  

Post a Comment

<< Home