Tuesday, May 15, 2007

boon's log 2007.02: Sudoku... it's addictive!

Yeah, I had to admit, I was one of those who looked from the outside and wondered to myself, why are these people to crazy about this number-puzzle game? Crazy people! Even some of my cousin-in-laws bought books after books of Sudoku.

Well, recently, my department had something like a dept-level Sudoku challenge during one of the department business meetings. So I cannot help but to give it a try... and that was it! I was caught in the Sudoku web. Now, on an average, I try to finish 2 puzzles - one online, and another one from The Star. Well, it's a lot of mental arithmetic and strategies. If you actually visit the Sudoku website in UK, you will discover that they have multiple strategies to solve Sudoku puzzles... hidden triple, naked pairs, X-Wing, Sword-fish, Bowman Bingo... gosh, the list goes on!

Anyway, as a newbie to this, I'll just stick to the easier puzzles and try to solve 'em without having to use some Star-Wars-Fighter-Plane strategy. Last weekend, IL and I tried out hands on the "Diabolical Level" puzzle... We started on Saturday afternoon and it took IL 3 days to complete it! I gave up on Sunday. That's like the level where you need to beat the big-boss (like that when playing arcade games)...


Sudoku... it's addictive!

It's an interesting game. Try it! You may get addicted to it too! ;)

boon out...

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am one of them Sudoku addicts... I have 3 different Sudoku games installed into my Nintendo DS Lite... So sad...

Friday 18 May 2007 at 07:45:00 GMT-7  
Blogger Boon said...

Justy(!!!) How are you buddy?!

Sudoku on your DS Lite?! dude! How many different colours do you need to play Sudoku?! Just Black and White, right? ;) It may be a waste of good resource, ain't it? But what the heck, right? When you like Sudoku, you LIKE sudoku!

But, really, that is cool. You are officially a Sudoku addict!

Tuesday 22 May 2007 at 17:48:00 GMT-7  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now what you don't know is, there are a variety of sudoku on ds-lite. There's the trad sudoku, and then there is the toondoku which is same concept of a game but using pictures. And then there is game pic-cross on ds-lite that is damn addictive also, something sudoku but using numbers to figure out the hidden picture.

I am a nerd.

Thursday 24 May 2007 at 05:12:00 GMT-7  
Blogger Boon said...

dude, you need to get out more often (and leave your ds-lite at home!!!) ;)

Sunday 27 May 2007 at 23:06:00 GMT-7  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did I mention I also play Tamagochi on my DS-Lite now *blushed

But the characters are so damn cute. Try google it ok. See it to believe it.

Monday 28 May 2007 at 23:37:00 GMT-7  

Post a Comment

<< Home