Sunday, April 15, 2007

boon's log 1607.01: Overweight (!!!)

Yes, I am. Though my BMI is still WITHIN the chart, but is is on the wrong side of it. Though I tried to avoid calculating it, but somehow the number arrived mysteriously in my inbox one day and I confirmed it to be true...


Overweight...


BMI Chart

According to this, I have 6kgs to shed before I am at the endge of my limit.

Imagine - 6 lousy KGs overweight. My goodness...

That's quite a bit, ain't it? According to my Uncle Mike, he said, "Go race in the Formula 1 la. They lose 4kgs everytime they race in Sepang." ;) Sounds inviting, but Uncle Mike - two issues:

(A) I do not have a F1 car
(B) I do not know how to drive a F1 car

and of course there's the chance that I do not have to lose weight anymore because I will just return to ashes after they cremate my body - that is, AFTER they scrape my remains from the tarmac... THANKS, uncle Mike!

Anyway, I've decided to go on a slight diet - notice the operative word being "SLIGHT". Well, I'm not really a believer of diet, if you know me. But I figured that it may not be healthy to stuff one's self with too much food - like what one of my colleagues mentioned, "There is a thin line between eating and feeding." So, cutting down on carbs and fats. It's like setting up a personal challenge - to drop 6 kgs in 2 months. And of course a little bit of gym will help too.

You can check your own BMI too here. Take up the challenge. ;)

Eat well and stay healthy,
boon out...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey dude,

IF you get to the gym, you might bulk up and that would just increase your BMI further :)

It's not really an accurate measure of fatness.

As you say, the operative word is "slight". Slightly hard to maintain 18.5-24.9 range at the lower range of the table.

No, you're not overweight.

Friday 20 April 2007 at 16:37:00 GMT-7  
Blogger Boon said...

Anonymous: the gym part is just either the threadmill or the rower - don't think i'll do the heavy stuffs.

Friday 20 April 2007 at 19:58:00 GMT-7  

Post a Comment

<< Home