Monday, April 16, 2007

boon's log 1607.02: Please drive safely...

Last night was a first for me for 2 things:

1. Getting down of my car and walking on the divider on the fly-over at Masjid Negeri
2. Driving on the right side of the road and not get caught by police

IL, Dopey (yeah, he came along as well...) and I were on our way back from Citibank at around 10PM-ish. And very abruptly, when we were at the top of the fly-over along Jalan Masjid Negeri traffic came to a complete halt. It remained in a standstill mode for more than 10 minutes before people started to get out of their cars, while some even turned off their engines and front lights. I kinda guessed that there must have been some accident in front - fresh accident.

So, "Things that I have not done #1". I joined them and got off my car. standing at on the divider with traffic on the other side (heading towards York Road) zooming past, with very helpful motor-cyclists yelling "Accident! Accident!". Couldn't really see what was happening - it was at the end of the fly-over.


The Migration...

So the migration began. I asked IL to take the helm while I joined the rest of the folks as they started to walk down and see what the accident was. And a huge crowd started to built at the end of the fly-over on Jalan Masjid Negeri with bobby-lights flashing from the tow trucks and police-cars (surprisingly, the police cars came quite quickly - IL said that perhaps they were listening in to the radio-chatter from tow trucks because the tow trucks typically arrive at the accident scene MUCH earlier than the police does... ha ha). And when I reached there, here's what I saw...


Lamp post hate-r

This guy, driving a Honda Civic (04/05 model) rammed into a lamp post and tumbled it onto the the other side of the road. The Lamp post landed on the wall on the far left side of our side of the flyover, barricading our side of the road. Seemed like a solo-accident, no other vehicles were involved. Luckily, no one was hurt from the effect of the falling lamp post...

Anyway, I made my way back after seeing that there is nothing much there and there is nothing much that I can help either. On my way back, an uncle with a waist pouch approached me and he called out to me saying, "Uncle, eh sai jiok wah lu eh tian wah bo?" (In Hokkien, "Uncle, can you lend me your cellphone?") And Uncle in his 40-ies calling ME "UNCLE"! Ahjodah!...

Anyway, apparently, some smart-*ss guy, who is also a father, tried to skip the traffic by riding over the divider on his motorcycle to the other side and in the process of doing that asked her daughter to alight first so that he can push his motorcycle over. BUT upon pushing over, he just happily rode off - yeah! with the daughter standing there on the divider in the middle of the flyover, at >10PM! Can you imagine that. Anyway, we tried to contact him on his cellphone, but could not cause it was turned off. And then we tried her home phone. Mom picked up and then she (the little girl, in her early teens) relayed the amazing story to her. Mom asked a lot of questions (I wonder why can she just immediately come and pick her up). At that point of time, I started to think that they INTENTIONALLY leave her there just to make it not so obvious since everyone was focused on the accident.

Anyway, soon after, Dad emerged from no where. And then she started to scold him - and so did all the rest of the Uncles (including me, an Uncle) and Aunties. "what kind of father are you... bla bla bla"

Anyway, made my way back to the car. That was when "Things that I have not done #2" happened - I saw cars started to reverse and making three-point-turns and heading the other direction. Apparently, a few other policemen on Kawasakis blocked the on coming traffic for us to go against the flow to turn out and escape through the bottom of the flyover. And that we did, after being jammed for more than 45 minutes because someone decided to ram his Honda into a lamp post... Goodness, if he wants to bang a lamp post, go do it some where else where he will not cause traffic jam. By the looks of it, he was driving pretty fast...

Please, drive safely and responsibly... for your own sake and for the sake of others as well!

boon out...

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahahah... uncle! Finally, age has caught up with you mate! Now that you are father, take care uncle and stop being so kay-poh on the road so late at night. :)

Wednesday 18 April 2007 at 17:40:00 GMT-7  
Blogger Boon said...

yo, what-up, brah! It's been a mighty long while. And looks like you are back to blogging, eh? Excellent!

bugger... if I'm old - then you're not too far away either okay? ;)

Thursday 19 April 2007 at 08:00:00 GMT-7  
Blogger Unknown said...

Having a baby really spearheaded you aging process, mah? Why were you so kepoh one? Looking for an "ong" number is it?

-amy-

Thursday 19 April 2007 at 12:02:00 GMT-7  
Blogger mithz said...

As long as you are not married, you aint old... get the concept mate?

Peace!

Rgds,
The black one who eats glass.

Thursday 19 April 2007 at 23:54:00 GMT-7  
Blogger Boon said...

aimes: Hey hey! wazzup! No lah, I am a good citizen, just wanted to see if I can help or not... "Ahh... Chew!" ha ha ha

The Black One Who Eats Gleen Glass: Ok ok... not going to argue with that. But I hope that that is not the leason you are still singerl, though. jajaja...

Friday 20 April 2007 at 19:08:00 GMT-7  

Post a Comment

<< Home