Monday, May 21, 2007

boon's log 2107.01: Draw me close to you...

I popped in a Michael W Smith CD last weekend whilst driving around town and it kind of touched me deeply. Not that it was the first time that I heard it. In fact, the guys who compiled our wedding album had this as one of the theme songs during the video presentations (I was surprised as they were not a Christian organization)... no matter what stage in life you're at, where ever you are, what ever you are doing... I hope this song reaches out to you too...

Draw Me Close To You (Kelly Carpenter,(C) 1994 Mercy/Vineyard Publishing)

Draw me close to You
Never let me go
I lay it all down again
To hear You say that I’m Your friend

You are my desire
No one else will do
’Cause nothing else could ever take Your place
To feel the warmth of Your embrace
Help me find the way
Bring me back to You

You’re all I want
You’re all I’ve ever needed
You’re all I want
Help me know You are near


I then went surfing into Michael's website a little and bumped into one of my all time favourite albums....


The First Decade 1983-1993

Kungfutofu: Remember this album, buddy?! We were much younger then, huh? ;) If I remember correctly, I only had the cassette version of the album. I feel like getting the CD now - not sure whether I'll still be able to find it though... great compilation and collection.

still recovering from Friday... Hope your week started off on the right note and a productive week ahead.

boon out...

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now... now...

Let's reconsider the option. I look at that album and I think "Friends Forever" which gives me alot of cringe inducing memory of a certain camp... not to mention bad hair and cut off jeans memory...

If I am in the "Heroes" series, I would ask the Haitian to remove that whole bit of memory :p

Thursday 24 May 2007 at 05:08:00 GMT-7  
Blogger WH said...

How come the guy compiling your wedding album touched you, but u weren't touched by the 2 wonderful, good looking, gentlemen MCs at your wedding dinner? :P

Saturday 26 May 2007 at 21:18:00 GMT-7  
Blogger Boon said...

Justy: Ha ha ha... was that the Penang Camp? Dude, you killed me!

WH: Firstly, the guy who compiled the album did not touch me, promise! ;P
Secondly, the 2 wonderful, good looking, gentlemen MCs at my wedding (one married, the other still single (ladies, if you are interested, please dial 1-800-WOONIE)) were fantastic! Without them, I did not know what would have happened. Kudos to the both of them!
And Number 3: Lily is trying to get in touch with you, complaining that your hotmail addy has kaput!

Sunday 27 May 2007 at 23:04:00 GMT-7  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is random... I was thinking, "Boonspot" is kinda similar to "G-Spot".

Visiting your blog is like "Hitting the Boonspot". Now if only it has a similar effect to hitting the... *snip

O nevermind.

Tuesday 29 May 2007 at 21:42:00 GMT-7  
Blogger Boon said...

Dude... dude... is it that certain time of the month where your thoughts go hay-wire? ;P

boonspot.blogspot.com la, 'brah.

remind me to give you a head-butt the next time i see you (i will need to shave my head first though...;p)

Wednesday 30 May 2007 at 01:03:00 GMT-7  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wah... why u accused me of brain menstrual wor... :p

Wednesday 6 June 2007 at 18:08:00 GMT-7  

Post a Comment

<< Home