Thursday, November 06, 2003

boon's log 4503.04
Singapore Roars!
This is a picture of the Singapore City Center by night, taken from the No Signboard Seafood Restaurant (yeah, I know - what a name, right? :) ). Anyway, this is a pretty cool place to take shot of the city skyline.



I think the Singapore Tourism Industry was quite badly hit by the SARS scare sometime back (which country wasn't right?). That's me stating the obvious. And I think the Singapore Roars! Campaign is working pretty well. I think things are picking up quite well. While I was there, restaurants and shopping malls are quite well filled to the brim, almost everywhere - some you have to make reservations days ahead if you wanna get a seat, like the restaurant which we had our dinner, where this picture was taken.

In addition to that, I cannot help but to think, whether the government is beginning to allow things which we would have brushed off as morally (or culturally) unacceptable in public (such as table top and belly dancing) as another effort to bring back more life to the streets... anyway, just my thoughts. Wonder what's next on their list, huh? ;) But cool... "More of that, baby!", ya?! :o)

What can I say but, "Singapore ROARS!"

boon out...