Monday, October 27, 2003

boon's log 4403.01 supplementary A
All in a day's work...
Caught this while walking for my breakfast in Penang 2 weeks ago (yeah, I had my faithful Canon A40 with me this time!!!). Cannot believe my eyes when I saw this. This guy is suspended almost 5 storeys high, hanging on to just a ladder that is hung over the edge of the roof of the building with only a man on top securing the ladder with his bare hands... and he is painting the side of the building. If you think your job in the office is bad, well, would you rather be in his shoes?



Makes me wonder whether is it really worth it to put his own life at risk? Or should the contractor have taken more safety precautions in ensuring that the employees are doing their work safely? Is there a pricetag for safety, really?

boon out...