Sunday, October 26, 2003

boon's log 4403.01
breakfast with a star

Was having breakfast with my family yesterday in one of the famous kopitiam (coffee shop in Hokkien) in Ipoh called Kong Heng. When we were almost finished with breakfast, guess who strolled in? Dawned with a pair of Matrix-like sunglasses, it was the Bond Girl herself, Miss Michelle Yeoh - together with her dad and brother. At that moment, I went scrambling for my digi-cam, but only to find that it was left at home, with my exhausted batteries from my week long vacation. She looked.... okay, but not as good as she does (or did) on the silver screen. Though I am no ardent fan of hers, but it would have been nice to take a picture with her in a kopitiam in Ipoh, ain't it? Well, as usual, as soon as she came in, people were half shouting, half whispering, "Michelle Yeoh is here!", "That is Michelle Yeoh!", "Isn't that Michelle Yeoh?" and what happened next was hoards of people swarming around her as she sat down, asking her for her autograph. Not sure whether she is enjoying it, but I guess she does... :) Who does not enjoy fame, right? But I guess it does come with a price... an unpeaceful breakfast with your dad in your very own hometown... (oh, by the way, she is from Ipoh...)

boon out...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home