Tuesday, October 14, 2003

boon's log 4103.03
Additional Headcount
Bought a few more fishes two weekends ago: 4 Suckermouths and 2 white/albino corydoras (Corydoras aeneus), bringing the Tank count to 18. I was also having problems controlling the growth of algae in my tank. Found out that one of the proactive ways to prevent excessive growth of algae in tanks with live plants is to keep the tank away from direct sunlight or if your tank has a light source or some kind of illumination (On top of the tank), is to make sure that you switch it on when necessary only.

My problem was that the light source was left turned on for a couple of days due to my indiscipline caused by too much work... (dang!). Anyway, the reactive response now is to get help from my good ol' friends, the Midget Suckermouth Catfish (featured in boon's log dated Aug 13 2003). These guys are real super-algae eaters! I just left them over one night and here is the result


Leaving them in the tank for a few more nights, this is what I got...


Much cleaner, ain't it?! Amazing...

Hope the sucker-buddies will continue to perform their OPERATION:CLEANSWEEP. We'll see what happens.

boon out...