Thursday, January 01, 2004

boon's log 0104.04
Happy New Year
A very Happy and Blessed New Year 2004 to all readers of boon's spot. How did you usher in the new year? Well, this time around, I ushered in the new year in quite a unique way - I attended a colleague's/friend's wedding dinner.

"WHAT?!"

Yeah, a wedding on the 31st of December; I guess there's no reason to forget THIS anniversary, huh? Well, the reason for choosing this particular date was due to some undesired consequences, which I think it is better not to disclose...

Anyway, the wedding dinner was nice with ample food (can really feed five thousand...). We were supposed to stay back for the countdown. (yeah, it is part of the wedding dinner package, in the hotel ballroom...) But as the night drew to an end, most of the guest have left the hotel for their own plans... So, what the hey! I left as well-lah. Felt sorry for the newly weds who really organized everything so well but hey! y'can't have a party with too few people, can ya? So, said our goodbyes and left. ended up watching CNN at home... :P

Well, new year with new year resolutions! Say, I can't even remember half of last year's new year resolutions! Well, as the CEO of my company said, there is no real sign of recovery in the computer industry as yet, but it is going to be another challenging year ahead - I guess it is going to be another challenging year for me as well... What that really means is "Dude, just work your butt off and don't hope for a big fat increment - 'cause ya ain't gettin' it!"

It truly will be challenging, as things begin to unfold. I guess I have enough of resolutions making, so I am just going to stick with making more money this year! Like what my engineering physics teacher used to tell us in class, "If you are dreaming of earning big bucks, then you are in the wrong class, you need to go down to Petaling Street and learn from the Ah Pek (elderly man, in Hokkien - refer to boon's log 4803.04) on how to char koay teow (Fried Rice Noodles, in Hokkien). Haa! How true... they are driving Mercedeses and BMWs. So yeah, you might just find me frying koay teow in a hawker stall near you, folks! ;P

Well, 2004, I guess above all else, here's wishing everyone good health and happiness, the simple "bear" necessities of life (the tune is humming in head...), followed by prosperity and good fortune.

God bless...

boon out...

Oh hey! Don't forget to check out my latest Polls on best coffee vendors...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home