Thursday, December 18, 2003

boon's log 5103.05
"Timeless" Times Square
Was in the nation's capital last weekend for Riverdance:The Show. It was awesome. We were really awed by the overall performance. We were also entertained by the jovial Harbour of the New World:Trading taps. Planning to get the DVD next :). The only thing I found quite annoying during the performance was the inconsiderate flashes here and there. When your eyes was trying to focus on the stage, there goes a flash! It was already announced at the beginning of the performance that flash photography is prohibited during the performance. But I guess it just fell on some deaf ears. Another thing that bothered me was these two ladies sitting behind who started talking aloud when the lone piper started playing, Caoineadh Chu Chulainn. We had to ask them to keep quiet... Sigh...

Apart from that (and the lousy seats), it was a great night. Oh, did I forget to mention that the performance finished at 11:10PM and the last LRT (Light Rail Transit) out of the place was 11:30PM? We had to literally dash out of the stadium and run like Forrest G. Anyways, I would want to watch Riverdance again, but in a much different environment...

So... while we were in KL, we thought of giving the much-talked-about Berjaya Times Square a visit. The place is really huge! And I mean HUGE! And to keep that place cooling must have been some effort (not the mention big bucks!) But other than that, almost everything else was only to our disappointment. I think the place has been over-sold in terms of advertisement. I mean, the Berjaya Times Square cannot compare to any of the Times Squares in other countries. It is really sad, and it is really below my expectations. I guess the only place that attracted the most people is the indoor theme park, with the indoor roller-coaster ride.


Indoor Roller Coaster at Berjaya Times Square

What's more, you cannot even tell the time in Times Square...


Imagine-o-clock

I cannot even get a Mall Guide - the guy at the information counter said that they were out-of-stock. Gosh! I really hope that whoever is going to own or manage the BTS would buckle up and make things happen for the better.

Also went to KLCC for a quick walk. Honestly, I prefer KLCC as compared to BTS. At least things are more organized and neat. Also liked the Giant Christmas Tree at the concourse area...



Well, I guess perhaps BTS is still new and we'll just have to give them some time... Well, only time will tell. But wait, you can't tell time when you are in Times Square... :P

boon out...