Monday, March 24, 2008

boon's log 1308.01 supplementary A: The adventure continues on May 22 2008...

You may have grew up with this - yeah it is also a way to tell how old one is!

Anyway, I was first introduced to the whip-lashing Indy Jones in 1984 when my late-grandmother brought me to the theatres to watch The Temple of Doom. Yeah, my grandmother - can you imagine that?! ShhHe's a real darling. Don't really think she understood most of the conversation, but I guess she's there because of me :).

I still remember we watched it in Lido - the one opposite A&W. From then on, the adventure began. It backtracked 4 years to Raiders of the Lost Ark, and then the Last Crusade in 1989.

And we thought Goerge Lucas and Steven Spielberg would have stopped there and Indy had already framed and hung up his whip and hat for the last time, since it was quite for quite a number of years.

But how wrong we are... Look out Indy-fans (more like Harrison Ford fans)... the adventure continues this Summer (after 19 summers - 1 summer short of 2 decades (!!!)) with Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

There were some talk about turning one of the Indiana Jones PC games into a movie - Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis - but I guess it never took flight.




Well, if you are an Indy fan like myself, brace yourselves and check out this following Official Site URL:

www.indianajones.com

58 days and counting...

boon out...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gosh, when you mentioned Lido, do you know how old that made me feel? Bring me my glasses, so I can find my walking stick and hit you :p

Monday 24 March 2008 at 16:12:00 GMT-7  
Blogger Boon said...

Haha! Ah Pek! Yeah, it does bring back memories. Hey, did you click on the link? There is this photo of the Lido cinema back in those days.

And of course, it also reminds me of the term "Behind Lido" --remember? Haha!

Tuesday 25 March 2008 at 23:06:00 GMT-7  

Post a Comment

<< Home