Friday, May 27, 2005

boon's log 2205.05: Carrie Underwood is 4th American Idol

Managed to catch the delayed forecast of the 4th American Idol last night. I think they've (Fox) out done themselves this season. I enjoyed this season's 2-hour finale more than the previous ones.

I honestly think that Bo Bice is a slightly much better singer than Carrie, especially towards the end of the season. I think that he has a better control of his voice (notes) and he can carry a tune better as compared to Carrie. If you'd watch the last night's program, you can see (or hear) that when Carrie was singing her 1st Single "Inside Your Heaven", you can observe that there are many "flaws". I believe both of them are great singers, no doubt about it, but if you ask me, I enjoyed watching Bo performing with Lynyrd Skynyrd ("Sweet Home Alabama") more than Carrie doing "Inside Your Heaven". But I guess personality wise, Carrie may have the upper-hand, and also having a sweet face to go with the voice. But voice wise, it's got to be Bo.

Anyway, with all said and done, it was an interesting season, with a short comeback clip of William Hung - that was nice. And having Kenny G, Babyface, George Benson and Lynyrd Skynyrd was a nice touch. And of course, I guess the most memorable thing about this entire season has to be the (*drum roll*) Singing Psychic with her rendition of Elvis' "Can't Help Falling" and also the Estatic Mom (who fainted).

Looking forward to the next season.

boon out...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home