Saturday, May 17, 2008

boon's log 2008.05: Heat-wave weekend

Just 2-3 weeks ago, we had a fair share of snow - not those that will stay on the roads or cars... but just melted away like 5 minutes later. But still to have snow during this part of the year was sure not normal and now, 2-3 weeks later, we are hitting temperatures of 96 degrees. This is crazy. As what we predicted, I guess we just "Springed" from Winter into Summer in just a matter of dayz. Man, is the weather weird.

It's so hot and stuffy that we had no choice but to get an air conditioner. ANd I have to admit it is a whole new experience in its own. I mean, I guess the Americans are pretty used to D.I.Y. But for me, fixing up my own air cond is totally new.

We bought the 5000 BTU Window Air Conditioner. Yeah, uh-huh - back home, I would have paid an electrician to fix up the equipment, but here - I would have to pay almost double of what I pay for the air-cond to get someone to fix it up. Manual labor is expensive. So, I have to work through the manual (which was poorly written) and install the machine on my own. it wasn't really that hard, but I guess I would have accomplished it a little faster if the manual was clearer. Anyways, i did it under 1.5hours, which was not quite bad, ya?! And the result?


D.I.Y. Window mounted Air Conditioner

Nice cooling air. I guess if wasn't for Ab, we would not have bought the unit. We've been in Oregon before and gone through similar weather but we did not get any air conditioner. But this time around, we had to. Otherwise, the poor baby would not be able to sleep... yeah, pampered.. :P Ha!

The best room in the house is officially the master bedroom. Heat wave?! Bring it on! :P

boon out...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home