Friday, February 02, 2007

boon's log 0507.05: Trilogy Completed... and still the best

Yup, I managed to complete the entire Infernal Affairs (Wu Jian Dao) Trilogy this week (PAUSE and PLAY in between AB's crying, that is) - just finished Part III a couple of minutes ago. If you remember, I blogged about Infernal Affairs versus The Departed recently.


Infernal Affairs Trilogy

Well, after going through the entire Trilogy, I think I enjoyed it better than the first time I watched it. possibly because of the fact that the "remake" was so disappointing. In the words of Simon Yam during an interview for his role in "Election", he said (and I quote), when asked about his experiences between acting in a HK-based film versus a Hollywood-based film, "Hollywood has all the money (budget) to try to make a good film, but he prefers to act in HK-based films because though they may not be mega-bucks productions, but the Directors are better and more brilliant compared to the former." How true, no matter how much money you have, even if you have a good script, but you have a bad director, your film's as good as paper-weight.

boon out...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home