Tuesday, February 14, 2006

boon's log 0706.02: Happy Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day too everyone - married, un-married, unattached. Celebrate the day with your loved one. Don't think we have to have to over-exaggerate the already-over-exaggerated occasion - know what I mean? After all, the main idea is to spend it with the one you love. Year after year, people never stop complaining how more and more commercialized Valentine's Day is. Here's what I mean...

Last Saturday, IL and I went to a flower-warehouse where we normally get our flowers from. It was just the normal visit - not intending to get flowers for Valentine's. The normal price for 2 dozens of red roses was RM13-RM14. I got the shock when the store keeper told me that because of the Valentine's Day season, the price has shot up to RM48. A whopping 269% price increase! And it's from the warehouse, not even with baby-breath or any wrappings! Just the flowers wrapped with Nanyang Siang Pau (one of the nations Chinese Daily). According to her, the price went up a week before V-day. Talk about daylight robbery... No, of course I did not buy them. Call me stingy or what - but RM2 for an untrimmed rose with thorns wrapped in newspaper is definitely not sensible and worth it - but wait, when has Valentine's Day ever been sensible or worth it? :)

IL and I celebrated V-Day early this year due to my travel schedules - we are one of the few of those who believe that we should not limit ourselves to celebrating our love on Valentine's Day alone - it should be celebrated all year round - but we just went ahead with it anyways, just to join in the crowd :P, but of course within sensible limits.

Anyways, here are some photo shoots of SF 3 weekends ago, before my return to Penang for the CNY holidays...


Golden Gate Bridge, from the Golden Gate national Recreation Area


The Fog


Painted Ladies, Alamo Square

boon out...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home