Saturday, February 11, 2006

boon's log 0606.06: Happy Chinese New Year 06



Chap Goh Meh awaits... Time flies with the blink of an eye. 15 days of CNY just zoomed past like a bullet train. And it's finally back to real work again - well actually, I've started work on the 4th day of CNY... but not in my actual office. Will be heading back this weekend... In fact have been pretty busy this CNY - most of the time working from home...

Nothing much really happened this CNY. CNY these recent years has been getting more and more quiet, because more and more of my cousins get married and they need to be at their husband's family on the first day of CNY and we only meet up for a quick dinner on the second of CNY - and we literally had a quick dinner this year.

We ate at a restaurant in Menglembu. And the restaurant actually had a three dinner schedules ~6PM, ~7:30PM, ~9PM (or something like that...) we we literally had to rush through our dinner. What was supposed to be a 7 course dinner was gushed down our throats within half an hour to 45 minutes... they kept pushing the dishes out. Gosh... it was horrible, we vowed that we will not return for CNY dinners.

And then we adjourned back to my parent's for some drinks and then a short session of card games - typical CNY activities...

Then IL and I headed back to my in-law's place - where the "card games" continued and continued... and continued... I heard that there will be another final call tonight at one of my relative-in-laws' place. Uh-oh...

It was pretty much what I expected it to be; but I guess, as always, I missed those times when all of us were younger and when all the cousins were still around (and unmarried) for the entire duration of the CNY celebrations and just have a heck of a time together. There were also the times when my school friends used to hangout late at night and lighting up the skies with fireworks and the late nights at the hawker stalls...

Hmm... somehow, that me being a little nostalgic, reminiscing the past...

Well, hope that you've all had a wonderful CNY celebration wherever you are (were). And many happy returns for the rest of the year 2006...

boon out...

P/S: KungfuTofu, WH and CW: If you're reading this - my apologies for not being able to meet up with you all during my short trip home - promise to catch-up when I get back later this year... Happy Chinese New Year...

3 Comments:

Blogger WH said...

What is this man! This is no way to avoid giving me ang pow leh. Next year you're giving me double!

Anyway, CW's been looking for you. Some urgent stuff to ask you about work. Reply his email or something la :P

Tuesday 14 February 2006 at 22:54:00 GMT-8  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aiya... I was being an absolute lazy ass stayed home and "bo" TVB's "War and beauty" on VCD borrowed from friend... I am becoming a boring house wife... (such un-PC thing to say, I know)

Thursday 16 February 2006 at 18:11:00 GMT-8  
Blogger Boon said...

WH: haha! ok... sure, next year... :P yeah, i replied CW's mail.

Justy: Goodness... better make sure you get a good "hubby", then... :P

Monday 20 February 2006 at 01:47:00 GMT-8  

Post a Comment

<< Home