Thursday, August 25, 2005

boon's log 3505.04: Driving Test

After so many years of driving experience - I never expected to go through this again. Yeah, the country/state law (of California) states that you are only allowed to drive within the country/state between 2 weeks to a month. So, if you are staying longer than that, you are required to go get a driver's license. So, off we went. We have to take both the written test and the driving test (just what we need to do at home - just that the written ones are a little harder crack like how much of alcohol content can you consume before it is illegal to drive... not like the undang-undang tests we have at home - where majority of questions are centered around identifying road signs.

I bet many of us do not know which is the emergency brakes and which is the front demister of the car! I tell you... stress. As if I did not already get enough of 'em from work!

Anyway, I've passed both the written and driving test - yeahoo! You cannot beat the feeling that you get jsut before going for the driving test - those huge giganto humongo butterflies in the stomach feeling. Gosh, it's been a while I needed to go for an exam - it was a real killer! But thank God, all went well and I did not have to re-sit. Though I've been blogging about the hot summer dayz recently, it happened to be exceptionally chilly and cold when I took the test... :P

Only problem I had was that the examiner said that I was driving too slow. Gosh, I was doing 25mph in a 40mph zone, and I wasn't in the fast lane - what lah! Yeah, so he crossed me out for that in two separate occasions. Sigh... drive too fast, cannot, drive too slow (well, not that slow) also cannot. Well, anyway, like IL said, "who cares, as long as you passed!". A sigh of relieve... Now to taunt my colleagues who have not taken the exams. heh heh heh...

boon out...

2 Comments:

Blogger Kew said...

dude, cannot convert the oregon driving licence?

Friday 26 August 2005 at 09:31:00 GMT-7  
Blogger Boon said...

err... did not have an Oregon Driving License. :P

Well, even if I had it, I'd still have to take the written test.

Monday 29 August 2005 at 10:17:00 GMT-7  

Post a Comment

<< Home