Monday, July 04, 2005

boon's log 2805.02: The Correct Way to Hold a Packet of McDonald's French Fries

It must have been the joke of the day. IL and I were having lunch at the McD's in Sungai Dua. We seldom go there (because of the parking problems there...) but we were there yesterday because we had to go to the RHB bank near our office, so we decided to makan there. Anyway, she ordered their Grilled Chicken Foldover while I ordered their McChicken McValue Meal (Large)... LARGE (!!!) - the one that comes with a large soda and large fries...

IL went to look for a seat while I paid and collected our lunch. This is what the Large fries looks like at Sungai Dua McDonald's. (Compare it with the picture featured in their Malaysian website [www.mcdonalds.com.my ])


French Fries Connection

So, IL suggested that I go back to the counter and asked them to refill the pack of fries. So I trotted back to the counter and one of the two managers attended to me. So I asked her why is my packet of fries so little compared to the one in the photo on their poster.

Know what the manager said to me?

"Sir, you are not supposed to hold the packet of French Fries on the sides, you are supposed to hold it on the front and back..." well, these were not exactly her words, but I re-phrased it a little to convey the message... She even showed me how to hold my darn packet of French Fries!


The correct way to hold a packet of French Fries

I should provide this courtesy image to the McDonald's Sungai Dua so that people will know the correct way to hold a packet of french fries... with a tagline...

"It's the way you hold it, not the way we pack it!"

IL was even suggesting that we hold it upside down - that way, it is so full that it is actually over-flowing.


Overflowing...

Anyway, she repacked my Fries for me, but it still remained the same... perhaps I was holding it wrong again... I guess I've gotta learn to hold it the right way...

boon out...

5 Comments:

Blogger mudslinger said...

my mother used to complain about their hot fudge sundae. it was way too little compared to their posters. this happened like a few years ago. she would always go back to the counter and ask for more. one day, we noticed that everytime mcd's had an ad (print/electronic) they'd have a small (very very small) print underneath saying that the pictures are representations only. we used to joke that it was because of our mother that mcd's came up with that disclaimer.

but seriously, they serve way too little. isn't it our right to ask for a reasonable portion?

Monday 4 July 2005 at 19:58:00 GMT-7  
Blogger WH said...

Goodness, Bob, U mean u didn't know that u're suppose to hold it at the front and back???? Geee, everybody knows that :P You want me to enroll u in Hamburger University?

Monday 4 July 2005 at 21:01:00 GMT-7  
Blogger Shiny Blue Black said...

I really feel like fries now! Thanks a lot! :)

Tuesday 5 July 2005 at 00:01:00 GMT-7  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahahaha.....u r really giving me a good laugh!

SL

Tuesday 5 July 2005 at 01:44:00 GMT-7  
Blogger Boon said...

mudslinger: Hats-off to your mom. i too believe that they are ripping us off...
WH: yeah, i wonder which subject would this be? Holding Fastfood 101?
infinite bowel: was it because of the actual photo or the poster one? Don't be fooled!
anonymous: thanks for dropping by...

Tuesday 5 July 2005 at 16:58:00 GMT-7  

Post a Comment

<< Home