Sunday, May 30, 2004

boon's log 2204.07
Canoeing
Saw this unique shaped cluster of clouds outside my room as I was blogging today.


Clouds

Well, canoeing is another intermittent hobby that I manage to cultivate and I thought I'd blog a little bit about my canoeing trip today. Nope, I did not take my Canon with me today - what a mistake! Will remember to do that the next time.

Anyways, something shocking(out of the ordinary) happened today as I parked my car at the Pusat Kegiatan Sukan Air Tanjung Bungah, Pulau Pinang. There were a bunch of people gathering at the nearby beach - also noticed a few of them carrying SLRs and wearing bush-jackets (yup, newspaper reporters). I carried on picking up my stuffs and headed off to the Admin. Office to register for my canoe. Asked the lady in the office what was happening down there and my heart sank when she told me that apparently the fishermen dragon boat racers found a body of a lady floating in the waters nearby.

What the?!

That was really some shocking news. I was quite tempted to go over and joined the rest of the folks and see for myself what was happening. Well, then again, I thought better not, cause I won't be able to help anyways and worst, I may just be be in their way or something like that. Gosh, God bless the lady's soul.

Sigh... It is indeed really sad, with the things that are happening around us these days. Everyday in the newspapers, you read about rape and abuse. And now, I am near the scene of a "found drwoned body". What is happening to the world? It is both sad and disgusting. Imagine how the rest of the world would think about Malaysia, when they read about all these things about Malaysia...

Back to canoeing. Had a great time canoeing and burning off those excess fat - trying to forget about that incident earlier. Anyways, for those who are interested, canoeing fees start at RM8 for single canoe and RM12 for twin canoe per hour. Today, there were also a few dragon boat teams practicing at the sport center. So, the beach was rather busy/lively with people in canoes and dragon boats everywhere.

There is going to be a canoe/dragon boat race on the 25th of July, so for those who are interested, can drop by and witness the exciting Penang's Annual Water Sports Carnival.

It is really nice to be able to canoe out into the open waters and just float there and enjoy the serenity, with the nice breeze blowing and caressing your face. A good way to get away from the busy-ness of life. Out there, it's just you and the sea (and sometimes the jelly fishes as well). Thoroughly enjoyed it.


Sunset at Batu Ferringhi

boon out...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home