Sunday, October 03, 2010

boon's log 4010.07: A (2nd) new breath of life...

I recently reported that my Asus (sort of) slipped into a coma a few weeks back due to internal fan issues, and we ordered from PCHub.com - which we later found out was a company in Singapore. And they kept to the estimated timeline of 5-7 business days, true their word. Well, it also partially depended on the trust-worthiness of our POS Malaysia - yeah, because I selected DHL GlobalMail, DHL will hand it over to your local postal services to do the final lap of the delivery. When I learned about that, I prayed DOUBLY hard... y'all know about our POS Malaysia, right? Dumping mails along highways, etc.

Anyway, They have renewed my trust in them by delivering the fans on time. And with that, my good ol' Asus was given a second lease of life (the 1st being a HDD failure). Oh, did I mention that I bought 2 fans from PCHub.com, just in case? Kiasu... All in all, it came up to about RM76 - which cheaper than the price I have to pay the tech-guys at the Asus Service center to accept my PC for service - not including the labor and part charges. Well, my baby's back, and much more silent... Purrr...

P/S: With that, I am a semi-partially self-certified Asus Service Tech. You can reach me at my email addy here.


The arrival...


The Twins...


The journey into the deep begins...


The Replacement


AHhhh... the breath of new life...


boon out...

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home