Monday, March 27, 2006

boon's log 1306.01: PS2 feeding time

Fed another game to the ol' ps2 last weekend - Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell. Yeah, I know it is kind of an old game (2003), but that's how you get cheap stuffs, right? Anyway, I am not really much of a fanatic gamer such that I would pay twenty-over-thirty-something dollars just to get the latest games. I just need to get the ps2 going-and-going, so that it would not be a white elephant. It's been quite a white elephant already sitting in my parent's condo in Batu Ferringhi for some years. I think IL's brother played with it more than I did... unlike, one of my colleagues, EYT, who actually locked himself in his home and played Medal of Honor for hours and hours! And then he complained being dizzy the next day - hmm... and i believe he not only did it once, but a couple of times... :P

Anyways, got the new-old-game on yesterday. Was pretty fascinated with it. Its pretty addictive once you get the hang of it - I kinda know why EYT can just sit infront of the tele on MOH.

TC-SC received pretty good reviews before. There are a few newer instalments - Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow (2004) and Splinter Cell Chaos Theory (2005). I'll finish up with this one first, and may consider getting the second and third instalments - hopefully the price will drop further by then. Pretty cool stealth gaming. Graphics are pretty good too. Only thing about the 1st Splinter Cell is that it does not support multiplay. The other two does.





Also, I heard that there are plans for a Splinter Cell movie, but not sure how true it is and whether it is still going to happen... perhaps i'll google it sometime soon.

10-4

boon out...

4 Comments:

Blogger WH said...

That's the beauty of Malaysia, bro!

Di sini, macam macam ada, murah pula.

You can get the PC version oso for this game ;) I thot you can rent consoles and games in the states.

Tuesday 28 March 2006 at 04:09:00 GMT-8  
Blogger Boon said...

problem is, I bought my PS2 system dari the US, and since the conversion kits sold in Malaysia were not stable (some say that it may blow up your PS2), so I just stayed with my US version PS2. Which is why I cannot get the "Quality Baik Punya" games in Batu Ferringhi...

well, some of the pre-played/owned games are pretty cheap, so just buy lah...

Tuesday 28 March 2006 at 10:34:00 GMT-8  
Blogger WH said...

Har har har, forgot all about the quality baik punya ad campaign. Hand it to u to remember all this la :P

Tuesday 28 March 2006 at 13:18:00 GMT-8  
Blogger Boon said...

heh heh. yeah, I believe i blogged about it before too... way, way back...



http://boonspot.blogspot.com/2003/08/kualiti-baik-punya.html

Wednesday 29 March 2006 at 09:44:00 GMT-8  

Post a Comment

<< Home