Monday, November 05, 2007

boon's log 4507.02: What's Blue, White and Red?

IL and I did some late-night-shopping again - after the sudden urge to get another tub of Wall's chocolate ice cream. We decided, when we got out the car, that we will just dash in to the frozen food area and extract the ice cream and exit.

But alas, Tesco won again.

On the way out, the Blue-White-Red triangular box of Tesco Value Hawaiian Pizza caught my attention. Yeah, I know that there is a siren on top of the shelf that says "Don't buy me, I'm yucky" - but it's those moments you just wanna try how yucky it really is... IL warned me about it and that I would not be able to finish it; but I've deicided to part with my RM1.75 just to discover the truth behind the confines of the Blue-White-Red box.

By the way, it's "Pizza Hawaii Ayam" in Malay - what a translation (???).


Pizza Hawaii Ayam

After 15minutes at 200C, I sinked my teeth into the nice-smelling hot "fresh" Pizza. The first bite was okay - where the ketchup part was, but as I moved on, it does not get better, especially when I tasted the cheese - there is a somewhat in-describable "synthetic-taste" to it that makes you wanna launch it out of your mouth. But I kept it in, with some help from Coca-Cola. I managed to finish the entire piece (just to prove that I can, I guess...).


Looks can be rather deceiving...

Other parts of the pizza - the chicken tastes like flaky-meat while the pineapple maintained it's texture, but not the taste. The only thing I like about the entire episode was the crust. Wasn't there a saying that great Pizza begins with the crust? Well, for this case, it kinda stopped AT the crust...

I later had to further wash it down with the ice cream we bought from Tesco - well, thank God for the Ice Cream... else my stomach would not forgive me for the torture... ;)

Well, there you go. Another reason not to buy anything that is presented in a blue-red-white box or wrapper. It will not exceed your expectations...

boon out...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home